[HELP] How To Create OPTWARE Instalation Package »  Show posts from    to     

Storlink devices community

35HD-DUAL-NAS-E - [HELP] How To Create OPTWARE Instalation Package

silver [ Saturday, 31 October 2009, 15:01 ]
Post subject: [HELP] How To Create OPTWARE Instalation Package
Please move to GIGANAS FORUM

Hello, I have several years using NAS devices, with whom I have worked over the Linksys NSLU2 which I think the ideal device (if it was 10 times faster).
For that reason I decided to buy 2 MRT GIGA -
NAS.

After testing the original firmware and Tinky-LS have not seen sufficient reasons to justify the change to Tinky-ls only be able to change the files. Conf without loosing changes.

For this reason I'm focusing on creating a series of script's to facilitate the use of GIGAN without changing their firmware.

First I created a script that alters during boot the smb.conf file to get Leopard to connect to the Samba server without problems.
Also thanks to the GIGAN-APPS Optware have been installed in the GIGA-NAS Freecom VT4 Based on the repositories.

http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/vt4/cross/stable/http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/vt4/cross/stable/

samtruman [ Monday, 02 November 2009, 14:06 ]
Post subject: Re: [HELP] How To Create OPTWARE Instalation Package
Hello Silver, first of all I want to say thank you for your job and your efforts.
For the informations that you need I suggest you to contatc Lord Scaffard, the creator of Thinky LS and the porting of OpenWrt, maybe he knows something about it...
I wish you to succed
Bye bye

silver [ Monday, 02 November 2009, 16:37 ]
Thanks, I'll try to contact via PM
I'm trying to extend the power of the giga-sized boot the system patched.
At the moment I moved the folder / system on the USB and instlacion of / Optware also.
Both the move to USB during startup.
But I have problems moving the folder / local
As the custom boot script is in / mnt/ide1/local/etc/rc.d trying to remove the link from / usr / local / will not let me because the script is running and the resource is busy.
not know how to divert execution to another script ending earlier so you can move the symbolic link from / usr / local to the USB drive.

The purpose of moving all the usb is always allow the suspension of the HD with multiple services running.

When finished all my intention is to create installation packages for the whole community.

----------------------------------------

Gracias, intentare contactar via PM

Estoy intentando ampliar la potencia del giga-nas parcheando el sistema de arranque.
De momento he movido la carpeta /system al USB y la instlacion de /optware tambien.
Los dos los muevo al usb durante arranque.
Pero tengo problemas para mover la carpeta /local
Como el script de arranque personalizado se encuentra en /mnt/ide1/local/etc/rc.d al intentar borrar el link de /usr/local/ no me deja ya que el script esta en ejecucion y el recurso esta busy.
desconozco como desviar la ejecucion a otro script finalizando el anterior para asi poder mover el symbolic link de /usr/local al USB drive.

La finalidad de mover todo al usb es permitir siempre la suspension de los HD con multiples servicios en ejecucion.

Cuando termine todo mi intencion es crear paquetes de instalacion para toda la comunidad.

moonmonkey [ Sunday, 08 November 2009, 21:49 ]
Silver sound interesting would love to get optware running on the Giganas but unfortunately don't have the knowledge. Just wondered what changes you made to the SMB.conf for Leopard, I'm running Snow Leopard and now as yet noticed any issues with Samba but would be interested if you have some optimisations.

tomolewis [ Monday, 11 January 2010, 15:18 ]
Any Progress on this?

samtruman [ Thursday, 04 November 2010, 18:07 ]
On the NAS 4220 community they achieve in running optware on their NAS
Here the istruction:http://en.nas-4220.org/index.php/Packages:Optware
The platform it's the same, maybe a porting it's possible...

DocBrown [ Tuesday, 09 November 2010, 09:55 ]
Good news, everyone!

I managed to install the Optware package from the site posted by samtruman.

Here is how I did it:

You need telnet-access to accomplish this.
Download the optware-vc-0.1.tgz file from http://en.nas-4220.org/index.php/Packages:Optware .
The site says, that you have to copy it to /public/applications/new_software, this won't work on our NAS.

So, put it somewhere on the NAS-HD via smb, e.g. on /public.

First log on to your NAS via telnet as "root". The default password should be "admin", as far as I know.
Now go to the directory where you put the file and extract it. I did this by first unzipping it via gunzip optware-vc-01.tgz and then tar -xvf optware-vc-01.tar. Maybe tar -xvfz optware-vc-01.tgz will work too. Afterwards you get a folder named optware with three files in it: info.txt, init and optware.tgz.

Move this "optware"-directory to $HD_MNT_POINT/public/applications/ ($HD_MNT_POINT was /mnt/md1/ on my NAS).
You have to create the "applications"-folder, if it doesn't exist already.

Now put the the "init"-file from the "optware" directory into the folder $HD_MNT_POINT/local/etc/rc.d/ and rename it to init.sh.
I had some other startup files in there numbered from 10 to 40. I guessed that this represented a startup sequence for the scripts. So I named it 50_init.sh. But I think it's not necessary for the script to work. I read in different posts, that it just has to end on .sh to be executed on startup.

Execute the init.sh and it should tell you, that different ssh-keys are generated. This should take some time.
The last output of the script is "Fixing permissions on the /tmp directory...".
Next you should reboot your NAS and the optware-installation should be finished.
It is now possible to log on via ssh to your NAS for example or install packages via ipkg.

If the init-script gives you errors about some missing files then the "optware"-folder is not in the right place.
Check if you have all three files placed under $HD_MNT_POINT/public/applications/optware .

After the initial installation you can erase the folder $HD_MNT_POINT/public/applications/optware, cause the important part was copied to $HD_MNT_POINT/optware.

samtruman [ Tuesday, 09 November 2010, 14:42 ]
For all Fastweb provider user i have amule-adunanza package compiled for our nas http://www.mediafire.com/?068adv9wdo29a88
Gentle donation of stich86 from www.adunanza.net forum
Try it and let me know your results...

samtruman [ Wednesday, 10 November 2010, 16:05 ]
All is working, thank you so much...

DocBrown wrote: [View Post]
Good news, everyone!

I managed to install the Optware package from the site posted by samtruman.

Here is how I did it:

You need telnet-access to accomplish this.
Download the optware-vc-0.1.tgz file from http://en.nas-4220.org/index.php/Packages:Optware .
The site says, that you have to copy it to /public/applications/new_software, this won't work on our NAS.

So, put it somewhere on the NAS-HD via smb, e.g. on /public.

First log on to your NAS via telnet as "root". The default password should be "admin", as far as I know.
Now go to the directory where you put the file and extract it. I did this by first unzipping it via gunzip optware-vc-01.tgz and then tar -xvf optware-vc-01.tar. Maybe tar -xvfz optware-vc-01.tgz will work too. Afterwards you get a folder named optware with three files in it: info.txt, init and optware.tgz.

Move this "optware"-directory to $HD_MNT_POINT/public/applications/ ($HD_MNT_POINT was /mnt/md1/ on my NAS).
You have to create the "applications"-folder, if it doesn't exist already.

Now put the the "init"-file from the "optware" directory into the folder $HD_MNT_POINT/local/etc/rc.d/ and rename it to init.sh.
I had some other startup files in there numbered from 10 to 40. I guessed that this represented a startup sequence for the scripts. So I named it 50_init.sh. But I think it's not necessary for the script to work. I read in different posts, that it just has to end on .sh to be executed on startup.

Execute the init.sh and it should tell you, that different ssh-keys are generated. This should take some time.
The last output of the script is "Fixing permissions on the /tmp directory...".
Next you should reboot your NAS and the optware-installation should be finished.
It is now possible to log on via ssh to your NAS for example or install packages via ipkg.

If the init-script gives you errors about some missing files then the "optware"-folder is not in the right place.
Check if you have all three files placed under $HD_MNT_POINT/public/applications/optware .

After the initial installation you can erase the folder $HD_MNT_POINT/public/applications/optware, cause the important part was copied to $HD_MNT_POINT/optware.

askanio [ Thursday, 11 November 2010, 07:00 ]
Installation complete! But now? What useful package?

vincex256 [ Thursday, 11 November 2010, 08:09 ]
samtruman wrote: [View Post]
For all Fastweb provider user i have amule-adunanza package compiled for our nas http://www.mediafire.com/?068adv9wdo29a88

Sorry me, i have download the package. But before i try to install i can say to you some little question ? I have an Atlantis Land NAS model g303s that mount a CPU ARM , 300Mhz (SL 3516 Gemini TM) Memory: 64MB(EON) RAM / 16MB Flash and Linux Kernel: Linux version 2.6.15. Do you think that i can use your tool ? Actually the client mounted on NAs is MLDonkey and Torrent Flux that don't work good with Fastweb. This clients is installed via WEB interface of NAS, and the package that i loaded and installed on NAS is in this format: mldonkey-2.9.5-r1.bz2. Can you explain or help me on how i can instal your tool on my NAS ? if possible Thanks

DocBrown [ Thursday, 11 November 2010, 11:19 ]
askanio wrote: [View Post]

Depends on what you want to do.
Rsync for example is interesting if you want to do a backup on an external USB-HDD.
Ffmpeg or vlc might be useful for transcoding media for streaming purposes. (don't know if the arm processor is fast enough though)
The ssh-server is already installed and you can use it now for save file-transfer instead of ftp and for login of course. (I turned off telnet completely)
You have the freedom of choice now...

dan20 [ Thursday, 11 November 2010, 16:55 ]

DocBrown [ Thursday, 11 November 2010, 23:02 ]
dan20 wrote: [View Post]

Hi,
you don't have to edit the script.
The script gets the mountpoint automatically and assigns it to $HD_MOUNT_POINT.
When you first executed it, did it say something about generating various ssh-keys?
In your case putting the init-file into /mnt/ide3/local/etc/rc.d/ and renaming it to init.sh is mandatory for the optware-package to function properly.
Then reboot and it should work.

dan20 [ Friday, 12 November 2010, 10:33 ]

askanio [ Friday, 12 November 2010, 15:17 ]

Rsync for example is interesting if you want to do a backup on an external USB-HDD.
Ffmpeg or vlc might be useful for transcoding media for streaming purposes. (don't know if the arm processor is fast enough though)
The ssh-server is already installed and you can use it now for save file-transfer instead of ftp and for login of course. (I turned off telnet completely)

Thank you. Another question. I install Transmission (transmission - 2.11-1).
All ok. But how to run it?

DocBrown [ Friday, 12 November 2010, 17:01 ]

Hi.
Don't know this client, but maybe the official Wiki might help you:
https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/HeadlessUsage

DocBrown [ Friday, 12 November 2010, 17:16 ]

Hi,
you don't have to do anything on the windows side.
Just connect via putty to the NAS, it should work.

After installation all files should reside in /mnt/ide3/optware.

You may try "ls /opt" on the NAS via telnet, this is the directory the init-script maps the /mnt/ide3/optware directory to.
If it doesn't exist, the script wasn't executed properly.
Last thing you could try to check if the script ran on startup may be a "ps w | grep sshd".
If it gives you back the process and not just another "grep sshd" than the ssh-daemon is running on your system.
The output has to show something like this:
1635 root 3492 S /opt/sbin/sshd

You can try to execute the init-script manually and see if you can use the ipkg-command afterwards. (without rebooting)

Another tip might be to use al linux filesystem on the NAS. (eg. ext3)
I don't know if all this works under a fat filesystem.

vincex256 [ Friday, 12 November 2010, 19:58 ]
samtruman wrote: [View Post]

Sorry me, finally i have install the package via SSH, but but when i connect via SSH i see this error "error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

Suggestion ?

askanio [ Friday, 12 November 2010, 23:02 ]
[quote user="askanio" post="4059"]Installation complete! But now? What useful package?[/quote]

Hi.
Don't know this client, but maybe the official Wiki might help you:
https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/HeadlessUsage

Start: transmission-daemon -f -B
On /root/.config/transmission-daemon all new folders created by Transmission (setting.json too)
Edit of setting.json to change temp and download dir (default a root folder: no space).

Transmission 2.11-1 work on GigaNas but... on restart /root/.config/transmission-daemon will erased.

Will someone work on it?

dan20 [ Saturday, 13 November 2010, 08:56 ]

Hi,
you don't have to do anything on the windows side.
Just connect via putty to the NAS, it should work.

After installation all files should reside in /mnt/ide3/optware.

You may try "ls /opt" on the NAS via telnet, this is the directory the init-script maps the /mnt/ide3/optware directory to.
If it doesn't exist, the script wasn't executed properly.
Last thing you could try to check if the script ran on startup may be a "ps w | grep sshd".
If it gives you back the process and not just another "grep sshd" than the ssh-daemon is running on your system.
The output has to show something like this:
1635 root 3492 S /opt/sbin/sshd

You can try to execute the init-script manually and see if you can use the ipkg-command afterwards. (without rebooting)

Another tip might be to use al linux filesystem on the NAS. (eg. ext3)
I don't know if all this works under a fat filesystem.

Hi

Got sorted out!
The problem was the missing RC.D folder. I did a reinstall of the optware and afterwards everything worked fine. MC running IPKG working etc..
I use EXT3 as file sytem on the NAS no question about it ( would bee windows 7 poor support
in that case). Still I can`t reach the Share sytem under windows (SAMBA etc ) and do some file opperations, which I probably should avoid but still...

Very greatful for Youre help
Dan

DocBrown [ Saturday, 13 November 2010, 11:10 ]
Quote:

On /root/.config/transmission-daemon all new folders created by Transmission (setting.json too)
Edit of setting.json to change temp and download dir (default a root folder: no space).

Transmission 2.11-1 work on GigaNas but... on restart /root/.config/transmission-daemon will erased.

Will someone work on it?

Hi,
maybe this might help:
https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/ConfigFiles

As far as I understand it, by default the transmission-daemon stores all config files in the home of the user that executed it.
But you can try to set the TRANSMISSION_HOME variable manually to a place on the HDD.
With: TRANSMISSION_HOME=/mnt/md1/someplace
Than execute the transmission-daemon and look if it has created the files in this folder.

Or you can try to run it as another user e.g. "admin":

First look if this user has a home on the mounted hdd by typing:
"cat /etc/passwd"
as root.

Here is the syntax of passwd described:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/unders...wd-file-format/

You will find this information in the web-interface of the NAS under "accounts" too.

If the "admin"-user has a home on e.g. "/mnt/md1/admin", then login as "admin" via telnet or ssh and start transmission-daemon the usual way.
It should save all the necessary config-files in the admin home home, thus keeping it after a reboot.

If it doesn't work, try to set the $HOME-Variable by hand.
Login as "admin" and type "HOME=/mnt/md1/admin", you could use any other path here that does exist on you hdd.
To see if the variable is set right, type "echo $HOME".
The output should be: /mnt/md1/admin.

askanio [ Saturday, 13 November 2010, 20:54 ]
Quote:

Will someone work on it?

Hi,
maybe this might help:
https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/ConfigFiles

As far as I understand it, by default the transmission-daemon stores all config files in the home of the user that executed it.
But you can try to set the TRANSMISSION_HOME variable manually to a place on the HDD.
With: TRANSMISSION_HOME=/mnt/md1/someplace
Than execute the transmission-daemon and look if it has created the files in this folder.

Or you can try to run it as another user e.g. "admin":

First look if this user has a home on the mounted hdd by typing:
"cat /etc/passwd"
as root.

Here is the syntax of passwd described:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/unders...wd-file-format/

You will find this information in the web-interface of the NAS under "accounts" too.

If the "admin"-user has a home on e.g. "/mnt/md1/admin", then login as "admin" via telnet or ssh and start transmission-daemon the usual way.
It should save all the necessary config-files in the admin home home, thus keeping it after a reboot.

If it doesn't work, try to set the $HOME-Variable by hand.
Login as "admin" and type "HOME=/mnt/md1/admin", you could use any other path here that does exist on you hdd.
To see if the variable is set right, type "echo $HOME".
The output should be: /mnt/md1/admin.

Thankyou Doc, but don't work. Transmission even try to find setting on root.
But this work:
transmission-daemon -f -B -g /mnt/md1/public/applications/transmission/.config/transmission-daemon.

I copy .config folder from root to /mnt/md1/public/applications/transmission.
After restart, telnet and run as up: Transmission start to verify and resume all torrents.

At this point may be usefull a script .sh on /mnt/md1/local/etc/rc.d for autostart...

jacklazy [ Saturday, 18 December 2010, 17:05 ]

bert9000 [ Tuesday, 28 December 2010, 19:07 ]
@askanio

I think you could create a simple script named 30_transmission.sh

#!/bin/sh
transmission-daemon -f -B -g /mnt/md1/public/applications/transmission/.config/transmission-daemon

copy to /mnt/md1/local/etc/rc.d then
chmod +x /mnt/md1/local/etc/rc.d/30_transmission.sh

The script will run at every boot.

P.S. I'm using Transmission official package, installed from
http://www.embeded-systems.net/software.htm
it works great, no need to manual install!

bye
Alberto

askanio [ Tuesday, 28 December 2010, 21:47 ]
bert9000 wrote: [View Post]
@askanio

#!/bin/sh
transmission-daemon -f -B -g /mnt/md1/public/applications/transmission/.config/transmission-daemon

bye
Alberto

Thank, I'll try.
The original version is 1.72.
With Optware installation and update I've the last version (2.13) with many more information and improved performance. It's the same version that run on Freenas. Try!

askanio [ Friday, 31 December 2010, 14:47 ]
@askanio

#!/bin/sh

bye
Alberto

Don't work...

TheDrake [ Tuesday, 06 December 2011, 00:42 ]
@askanio

#!/bin/sh

bye
Alberto

Don't work...

I had same problem with mediatomb autostart. I fixed it using a script to link ipkg startfile script in /etc/rc.d

Eg: with the following script in /mnt/ide3/local/etc/rc.d/ I finally get mediatomb to autostart at every boot.

Code: [Hide]
  1. #!/bin/sh  
  2. ln -sf /opt/etc/init.d/S90mediatomb /etc/rc.d/S90mediatomb.sh 

Ramanjit81 [ Monday, 13 July 2015, 13:03 ]
Hi there,

I own two of these boxes but for years I've had problem setting them up and using them properly.

I have them both on RAID with 2x 1TB HDDs. I want to use one of them as a remote backup of the other.

I came this thread and would appreciate if you would be so kind as to answer as many of the following queries that you can for me. First of all - Has there been any update of this package.