Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

Any Hope Of Data Recovery ?
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Any Hope Of Data Recovery ? 

I have a dual NAS which I was running (at work) with a single disc using ext2 and encryption. 160gb IDE.

Typically while I was on holiday something went wrong and the file was showing incorrect volume size followed by a totally blank drive of only 15mb. The drive was reformatted (via the web interface) using ext2 and the same password for encryption. It returned to showing 160gb, blank of course.

Now, it turns out that our backup had also failed for a different reason so I attempting to find a way to try to recover some files. I know the password but am not sure how to go about searching for file fragments because I have no idea what form of encryption is used,and the likely hood of the pre format files existing due to the encryption. I just want to be able to mount the drive on a pc but dont know how to decrypt the partition/volume (again, I do know the password).

I have attempted to recover using all the tools on the runtime.org live CD, and found conflicting info,none of which seemed accurate. I have telnet access to the unit but am unsure what to do next, I know this is unlikely but if anybody has any ideas of things to try please post and help me out.

Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Any Hope Of Data Recovery ? 

oops, sorry, wrong section, it is the (IDE&SATA) version of the MRT Nas dual

Back to topPage bottom