Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

[HELP] How To Create OPTWARE Instalation Package
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post [HELP] How To Create OPTWARE Instalation Package 

Please move to GIGANAS FORUM

Hello, I have several years using NAS devices, with whom I have worked over the Linksys NSLU2 which I think the ideal device (if it was 10 times faster).
For that reason I decided to buy 2 MRT GIGA -
NAS.

After testing the original firmware and Tinky-LS have not seen sufficient reasons to justify the change to Tinky-ls only be able to change the files. Conf without loosing changes.

For this reason I'm focusing on creating a series of script's to facilitate the use of GIGAN without changing their firmware.

First I created a script that alters during boot the smb.conf file to get Leopard to connect to the Samba server without problems.
Also thanks to the GIGAN-APPS Optware have been installed in the GIGA-NAS Freecom VT4 Based on the repositories.

http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/vt4/cross/stable/

I managed to run smoothly these Pacquet:
Samba & SWAT
CCXstream - xbox streaming server
mc - mightnigt commander
nano - editor

and remain operational after restart.

My intention is to create an installation package that will allow Optware distributing it in the giga-nas.

The problem is that no specific term to find documentation of how to compile the package installation.

I also understand how the Linux boot process SAUSALITO to modify the script's boot.

I also understand too how the STRUCTURE to add functionality to the web config.

I would ask if you have documentation and you can help me create and test these packages

Sorry for translation
-----------------
Hola, llevo varios aņos usando dispositivos NAS, con el que mas he trabajado es el NSLU2 de LInksys el cual me parece el dispositivo ideal (si fuera 10 veces mas rapido).
Por esa razon decidi comprar 2 MRT GIGA-
NAS.

Tras probar su Firmware original y el Tinky-LS no he visto razones que suficientes que justifiquen el cambio a Tinky-ls solo por poder modificar los ficheros .conf sin peder cambios.

Por esta razon me he estoy centrando en crear una serie de script's que faciliten el uso del GIGANAS sin necesidad de cambiar su firmware.

En primer lugar he creado un "script" que altera durante el arranque el fichero smb.conf para conseguir que Leopard se conecte sin problemas al Samba server.
Tambien y gracias a las GIGANAS-APPS he estado instalado optware en el GIGA-NAS basandome en el Freecom VT4 repositories.

http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/vt4/cross/stable/

He conseguido que funcione sin problemas estos pacquetes:
Samba + SWAT
CCXstream - xbox streaming server
mc - mightnigt comander
nano - editor

y continuan funcionando tras reiniciar.

mi intencion es crear un paquete de instalacion que permita ditribuir optware en los giga-nas.

El problema es que no termino de encontrar documentacion concreta de como compilar el paquete de instalacion.

Tambien quiero comprender como funciona el proceso de arranque del LINUX SAUSALITO para poder modificar lo script's de arranque.

Tambien quiero comprender como funciona la extructura para aņadir funcionalidad a la web config.

Rogaria si teneis documentacion y podeis ayudarme a crear y probar estos paquetes

Back to topPage bottom
Thanks for the useful Topic silver:
samtruman (02 November), dan20 (12 November) 
Post Re: [HELP] How To Create OPTWARE Instalation Package 

Hello Silver, first of all I want to say thank you for your job and your efforts.
For the informations that you need I suggest you to contatc Lord Scaffard, the creator of Thinky LS and the porting of OpenWrt, maybe he knows something about it...
I wish you to succed
Bye bye

Back to topPage bottom

Thanks, I'll try to contact via PM
I'm trying to extend the power of the giga-sized boot the system patched.
At the moment I moved the folder / system on the USB and instlacion of / Optware also.
Both the move to USB during startup.
But I have problems moving the folder / local
As the custom boot script is in / mnt/ide1/local/etc/rc.d trying to remove the link from / usr / local / will not let me because the script is running and the resource is busy.
not know how to divert execution to another script ending earlier so you can move the symbolic link from / usr / local to the USB drive.

The purpose of moving all the usb is always allow the suspension of the HD with multiple services running.

When finished all my intention is to create installation packages for the whole community.

----------------------------------------

Gracias, intentare contactar via PM

Estoy intentando ampliar la potencia del giga-nas parcheando el sistema de arranque.
De momento he movido la carpeta /system al USB y la instlacion de /optware tambien.
Los dos los muevo al usb durante arranque.
Pero tengo problemas para mover la carpeta /local
Como el script de arranque personalizado se encuentra en /mnt/ide1/local/etc/rc.d al intentar borrar el link de /usr/local/ no me deja ya que el script esta en ejecucion y el recurso esta busy.
desconozco como desviar la ejecucion a otro script finalizando el anterior para asi poder mover el symbolic link de /usr/local al USB drive.

La finalidad de mover todo al usb es permitir siempre la suspension de los HD con multiples servicios en ejecucion.

Cuando termine todo mi intencion es crear paquetes de instalacion para toda la comunidad.

Back to topPage bottom

Silver sound interesting would love to get optware running on the Giganas but unfortunately don't have the knowledge. Just wondered what changes you made to the SMB.conf for Leopard, I'm running Snow Leopard and now as yet noticed any issues with Samba but would be interested if you have some optimisations.

Back to topPage bottom

Any Progress on this?

Back to topPage bottom

On the NAS 4220 community they achieve in running optware on their NAS
Here the istruction:http://en.nas-4220.org/index.php/Packages:Optware
The platform it's the same, maybe a porting it's possible...

Back to topPage bottom

Good news, everyone!  

I managed to install the Optware package from the site posted by samtruman.

Here is how I did it:

You need telnet-access to accomplish this.
Download the optware-vc-0.1.tgz file from http://en.nas-4220.org/index.php/Packages:Optware .
The site says, that you have to copy it to /public/applications/new_software, this won't work on our NAS.

So, put it somewhere on the NAS-HD via smb, e.g. on /public.

First log on to your NAS via telnet as "root". The default password should be "admin", as far as I know.
Now go to the directory where you put the file and extract it. I did this by first unzipping it via gunzip optware-vc-01.tgz and then tar -xvf optware-vc-01.tar. Maybe tar -xvfz optware-vc-01.tgz will work too. Afterwards you get a folder named optware with three files in it: info.txt, init and optware.tgz.

Move this "optware"-directory to $HD_MNT_POINT/public/applications/ ($HD_MNT_POINT was /mnt/md1/ on my NAS).
You have to create the "applications"-folder, if it doesn't exist already.

Now put the the "init"-file from the "optware" directory into the folder $HD_MNT_POINT/local/etc/rc.d/ and rename it to init.sh.
I had some other startup files in there numbered from 10 to 40. I guessed that this represented a startup sequence for the scripts. So I named it 50_init.sh. But I think it's not necessary for the script to work. I read in different posts, that it just has to end on .sh to be executed on startup.

Execute the init.sh and it should tell you, that different ssh-keys are generated. This should take some time.
The last output of the script is "Fixing permissions on the /tmp directory...".
Next you should reboot your NAS and the optware-installation should be finished.
It is now possible to log on via ssh to your NAS for example or install packages via ipkg.

If the init-script gives you errors about some missing files then the "optware"-folder is not in the right place.
Check if you have all three files placed under $HD_MNT_POINT/public/applications/optware .

After the initial installation you can erase the folder $HD_MNT_POINT/public/applications/optware, cause the important part was copied to $HD_MNT_POINT/optware.

Back to topPage bottom

For all Fastweb provider user i have amule-adunanza package compiled for our nas http://www.mediafire.com/?068adv9wdo29a88
Gentle donation of stich86 from www.adunanza.net forum
Try it and let me know your results...

Back to topPage bottom

All is working, thank you so much...

DocBrown ha scritto: [Visualizza Messaggio]
Good news, everyone!  

I managed to install the Optware package from the site posted by samtruman.

Here is how I did it:

You need telnet-access to accomplish this.
Download the optware-vc-0.1.tgz file from http://en.nas-4220.org/index.php/Packages:Optware .
The site says, that you have to copy it to /public/applications/new_software, this won't work on our NAS.

So, put it somewhere on the NAS-HD via smb, e.g. on /public.

First log on to your NAS via telnet as "root". The default password should be "admin", as far as I know.
Now go to the directory where you put the file and extract it. I did this by first unzipping it via gunzip optware-vc-01.tgz and then tar -xvf optware-vc-01.tar. Maybe tar -xvfz optware-vc-01.tgz will work too. Afterwards you get a folder named optware with three files in it: info.txt, init and optware.tgz.

Move this "optware"-directory to $HD_MNT_POINT/public/applications/ ($HD_MNT_POINT was /mnt/md1/ on my NAS).
You have to create the "applications"-folder, if it doesn't exist already.

Now put the the "init"-file from the "optware" directory into the folder $HD_MNT_POINT/local/etc/rc.d/ and rename it to init.sh.
I had some other startup files in there numbered from 10 to 40. I guessed that this represented a startup sequence for the scripts. So I named it 50_init.sh. But I think it's not necessary for the script to work. I read in different posts, that it just has to end on .sh to be executed on startup.

Execute the init.sh and it should tell you, that different ssh-keys are generated. This should take some time.
The last output of the script is "Fixing permissions on the /tmp directory...".
Next you should reboot your NAS and the optware-installation should be finished.
It is now possible to log on via ssh to your NAS for example or install packages via ipkg.

If the init-script gives you errors about some missing files then the "optware"-folder is not in the right place.
Check if you have all three files placed under $HD_MNT_POINT/public/applications/optware .

After the initial installation you can erase the folder $HD_MNT_POINT/public/applications/optware, cause the important part was copied to $HD_MNT_POINT/optware.

Back to topPage bottom

Installation complete! But now? What useful package?

Back to topPage bottom

samtruman ha scritto: [Visualizza Messaggio]
For all Fastweb provider user i have amule-adunanza package compiled for our nas http://www.mediafire.com/?068adv9wdo29a88

Sorry me, i have download the package. But before i try to install i can say to you some little question ? I have an Atlantis Land NAS model g303s that mount a CPU ARM , 300Mhz (SL 3516 Gemini TM) Memory: 64MB(EON) RAM / 16MB Flash and Linux Kernel: Linux version 2.6.15. Do you think that i can use your tool ? Actually the client mounted on NAs is MLDonkey and Torrent Flux that don't work good with Fastweb. This clients is installed via WEB interface of NAS, and the package that i loaded and installed on NAS is in this format: mldonkey-2.9.5-r1.bz2. Can you explain or help me on how i can instal your tool on my NAS ? if possible Thanks

Back to topPage bottom

askanio wrote: [View Post]

Depends on what you want to do.
Rsync for example is interesting if you want to do a backup on an external USB-HDD.
Ffmpeg or vlc might be useful for transcoding media for streaming purposes. (don't know if the arm processor is fast enough though)
The ssh-server is already installed and you can use it now for save file-transfer instead of ftp and for login of course. (I turned off telnet completely)
You have the freedom of choice now...  

Back to topPage bottom

Hi

Exellent work with the optware!

Since Iīm not very skilled in linux i got a problem.
The section with $HD_MOUNT_POINT
Got a GIGA NAS single bay. In my file sytem PUBLIC i located under /MNT/IDE3/.
Do I have to edit the script to get this working. Tested with editing but canīt get the new script running:Been running the original script and all seem well but I canīt start for instans IPGK or OPEN SSH. The package is laying in MNT/IDE3/PUBLIC/APPLICATIONS/OPTWARE when I start.

Regards
Dan

Back to topPage bottom

dan20 wrote: [View Post]
Hi

Exellent work with the optware!

Since Iīm not very skilled in linux i got a problem.
The section with $HD_MOUNT_POINT
Got a GIGA NAS single bay. In my file sytem PUBLIC i located under /MNT/IDE3/.
Do I have to edit the script to get this working. Tested with editing but canīt get the new script running:Been running the original script and all seem well but I canīt start for instans IPGK or OPEN SSH. The package is laying in MNT/IDE3/PUBLIC/APPLICATIONS/OPTWARE when I start.

Regards
Dan

Hi,
you don't have to edit the script.
The script gets the mountpoint automatically and assigns it to $HD_MOUNT_POINT.
When you first executed it, did it say something about generating various ssh-keys?
In your case putting the init-file into /mnt/ide3/local/etc/rc.d/ and renaming it to init.sh is mandatory for the optware-package to function properly.
Then reboot and it should work.

Back to topPage bottom

Thanks for your answer!

Yes the SSH key where created and I got a comfirmation about fix the TEMP.
After restart canīt login with SSH/Pytty though. Not sure wheather I have to create keys in PYTTYGEN as well and transfer them to the server. Been using NSLU2 in the past and if I remember correctely, one can skip this just to get things running (getting a secutity warning when logging in).
Reading your answer I realise I have placed the INIT script in ETC instead of in ETC/RC.D
At the moment the optware resides in MNT/IDE3/OPTWARE and the filesystem is there but no action. Also tested to run IPKG as I`m very eager to get MC running.
My test with edeting the script ment I had to do that in Windows thus getting the windows permissions as well. Not to happy about this but my skills i VI are very poor I`m afraid. But as you pointed out this step is unneccessary.
Is it ok to create the /PUBLIC/OPTWARE in Windows?
Trying to do that in telnet I get errors about permissions and not finding the files etc.
Since I been doing the install a couple of times and not getting it right I will do a reinstall of the server to get the filesystem correct.

Sorry bout my poor Telnet/Linux skills but I`m working on it!

Dan

Back to topPage bottom

askanio ha scritto: [Visualizza Messaggio]

Rsync for example is interesting if you want to do a backup on an external USB-HDD.
Ffmpeg or vlc might be useful for transcoding media for streaming purposes. (don't know if the arm processor is fast enough though)
The ssh-server is already installed and you can use it now for save file-transfer instead of ftp and for login of course. (I turned off telnet completely)

Thank you. Another question. I install Transmission (transmission - 2.11-1).
All ok. But how to run it?

Back to topPage bottom

DocBrown wrote: [View Post]

Hi.
Don't know this client, but maybe the official Wiki might help you:
https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/HeadlessUsage

Back to topPage bottom

dan20 wrote: [View Post]
Thanks for your answer!

Yes the SSH key where created and I got a comfirmation about fix the TEMP.
After restart canīt login with SSH/Pytty though. Not sure wheather I have to create keys in PYTTYGEN as well and transfer them to the server. Been using NSLU2 in the past and if I remember correctely, one can skip this just to get things running (getting a secutity warning when logging in).
Reading your answer I realise I have placed the INIT script in ETC instead of in ETC/RC.D
At the moment the optware resides in MNT/IDE3/OPTWARE and the filesystem is there but no action. Also tested to run IPKG as I`m very eager to get MC running.
My test with edeting the script ment I had to do that in Windows thus getting the windows permissions as well. Not to happy about this but my skills i VI are very poor I`m afraid. But as you pointed out this step is unneccessary.
Is it ok to create the /PUBLIC/OPTWARE in Windows?
Trying to do that in telnet I get errors about permissions and not finding the files etc.
Since I been doing the install a couple of times and not getting it right I will do a reinstall of the server to get the filesystem correct.

Sorry bout my poor Telnet/Linux skills but I`m working on it!

Dan

Hi,
you don't have to do anything on the windows side.
Just connect via putty to the NAS, it should work.

After installation all files should reside in /mnt/ide3/optware.

You may try "ls /opt" on the NAS via telnet, this is the directory the init-script maps the /mnt/ide3/optware directory to.
If it doesn't exist, the script wasn't executed properly.
Last thing you could try to check if the script ran on startup may be a "ps w | grep sshd".
If it gives you back the process and not just another "grep sshd" than the ssh-daemon is running on your system.
The output has to show something like this:
 1635 root      3492 S    /opt/sbin/sshd

You can try to execute the init-script manually and see if you can use the ipkg-command afterwards. (without rebooting)

Another tip might be to use al linux filesystem on the NAS. (eg. ext3)
I don't know if all this works under a fat filesystem.

Back to topPage bottom

samtruman ha scritto: [Visualizza Messaggio]

Sorry me, finally i have install the package via SSH, but but when i connect via SSH i see this error "error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

Suggestion ?

Last edited by vincex256 on Monday, 15 November 2010, 19:42; edited 1 time in total 
Back to topPage bottom

askanio ha scritto: [Visualizza Messaggio]
[quote user="askanio" post="4059"]Installation complete! But now? What useful package?[/quote]

Hi.
Don't know this client, but maybe the official Wiki might help you:
https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/HeadlessUsage

Start: transmission-daemon -f -B
On /root/.config/transmission-daemon all new folders created by Transmission (setting.json too)
Edit of setting.json to change temp and download dir (default a root folder: no space).

Transmission 2.11-1 work on GigaNas but... on restart /root/.config/transmission-daemon will erased.

Will someone work on it?

Back to topPage bottom

Goto page 1, 2  Next